Happy Friday!! Finally the end of another week! While I don’t work so the weekend doesn’t really mean much more to me, it signifies more of a countdown. Countdown to actually being able to work again! Hurry up work permit.
It’s nice and chilly out and definitely feels like autumn has officially ascended upon us. Our building turns on and off the heat when needed (i.e. summer its off) and they haven’t turned on the heat yet so it’s chilly in our place. Since I don’t know how to build a fire, unless you count Duraflame logs, I decided to bake to heat up our house. And since autumn is here, what better to bake than Salted Caramel Pumpkin cookies! YUM! Both husband and cat approved! LOL
The recipe makes about 30 cookies and takes 15 minutes to prep and about 15 minutes to bake. It actually took me about 30 minutes to prep because I’m not good at baking and I made bigger cookies so it took longer to bake too! I found this recipe on Pinterest and was created by Two Peas & Their Pod. I LOVE their recipes and have tried them before. If you’re not good at coming up with your own recipes, they are the best!!
2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour (I used whole wheat flour)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
3/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup pumpkin (I used canned pumpkin)
1 extra large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup cinnamon chips (I couldn’t find any so I substituted with salted caramel chips, SO MUCH BETTER)
Cinnamon sugar topping:
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices. Set aside.
- Using a mixer (unless you break yours the first time you use it like I did) cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Add the pumpkin, egg, and vanilla and mix until combined, about 3 minutes. Slowly add in the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Stir in the Salted Caramel chips.
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar and cinnamon. Shape dough into rounded tablespoons and roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place balls 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Lightly press down on the cookies with spatula or your hand.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cookies are just beginning to brown around the edges. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for two minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
- Eat and enjoy! Best cookies I’ve ever made! And Mr. Roscoe (my kitty) likes them too! We found out last night baking, he loves raw pumpkin. My pumpkin spice kitty loves pumpkin LOL.
Come back Monday for a fun beauty post! Fall makeup inspired and I will review a few skin products for you!! Thank you again for following along and taking the time to read my blog!