Hi, I’m Darian Valdez! I currently live in Calgary, Alberta but I am originally from the United States. I am learning quickly all the ins and outs of being Canadian and I’m excited to be here. I am married to my best friend and we have a stubbornly cute kitty named Roscoe. A few things you should know about me:
- I’m 22 years old.
- I just got married in May 2017! #newlyweds
- The hubby and I are avid Netflix binge watchers (currently being forced to watch Supernatural).
- I’m an amateur yogi, and hope to become an instructor soon!
- We are outdoors people and love being in nature in the mountains hiking, snowboarding or just taking in the beautiful creations of God.
- I’m a faithful person but I don’t practice my faith in traditional methods, the mountains and yoga strengthen my relationship and connect me with the Lord.
- I’m an Alpha Phi alumna, AOE sisters!
- I graduated from Barry University in May with a degree in Marketing and Business Management and I am anxious to find a career to put that degree to use.
- I’m a people person and love meeting and getting to know new people.
- Fashion runs in my blood and I cannot imagine a time I didn’t love fashion.
- My husband and I love to travel and see new places. We have so many trips planned but have to put them on hold until we find out the results of my visas applications (fingers crossed!).
- People call me a crazy cat lady but I swear I’m not, I’m just a little obsessed with my cat.
- I grew up in small town Indiana, moved to California with my mama bear, and went to university in Miami!
I am so excited you stopped by That Canadian Charm! Follow my journey of life & style inspiration. This has always been a dream of mine and I want to share my love of style and fashion with the world! I started this to share my love and help other women feel empowered and confident by showing them (you!) different ways to step outside their comfort zone in the form of style. I love to find a great deal and will always share my finds with you! You, my supporters and subscribers mean the world to me because without you, I wouldn’t be here sharing my love with you! Thank you so much for your support, love, and feedback!